There are temporary changes to services offered at various Immigration offices, due to the national response to COVID-19.
- The suspension of all permanent residence and citizenship interviews until further notice
- Persons who were unable to leave Trinidad and Tobago by March 22nd and whose landing certificates may have expired or will expire by April 30th 2020 will be granted an extension of stay until June 22nd 2020
- Holders of student permits will be granted a three (3) month extension of stay in the first instance, if the permit expires before April 30th 2020
- The issuing of visas to foreign nationals will be suspended until T&T’s borders are re-opened
- A drop-off system will be implemented in the coming days for the submission of T&T passport renewal applications
With regard to extensions of landing certificates, permanent residence and student permits, and those whose documents have expired or will expire by April 30th 2020, these persons are asked to contact the Immigration Division urgently via the following email addresses:
- For CARICOM nationals: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- For nationals non-CARICOM nationals: email@example.com
The Ministry says applicants must provide, via email, their full name, current residential address, telephone number, a copy of the bio data page of their passport, a copy of their last entry or extension certificate (if applicable), and any other supporting documents.
Following the receipt of email requests, the Immigration Division will contact all applicants for extension of stay to provide dates of appointments.
And with regard to passport related services, applicants will be attended to by appointments only.
These persons should come to the appointment venue no earlier than ten (10) minutes before the scheduled time as only a limited number will be allowed into the offices at any point in time.
The Immigration Division adds that the elderly, and persons with children contact the Division via its Call Centre at 225-4664 for rescheduling of appointments.
All persons wishing to reschedule their appointment, can contact the Call Centre at 225-4664 and select Option 2 when the call connects.