Dr. Keith Rowley remains political leader of the PNM, following a landslide victory in the party’s recently held internal election.
According to the results presented a short while ago, Dr Rowley announced as the winner, after amassing 8,424 votes.
According to the party, this was 92% of the votes cast.
Karen Nunez Tesheira received 345 votes (4%), Junior Barrack received 99 votes (1%) and Ronald Boynes got 243 votes (3%).
Meanwhile, Stuart Young was elected Chairman, Dr Nyan Gadsby-Dolly is Vice Chairman, Patricia Alexis was named as Assistant General Secretary and Kazim Hosein was elected Treasurer.
Four positions were also unopposed:
- Camille Robinson-Regis – Lady Vice Chair
- Foster Cummings – General Secretary
- Faris Al Rawi – Public Relations Officer
- Jeniece Scott – Youth Officer
See the full results:
- Political Leader – Dr Keith Rowley
- Chairman – Stuart Young
- Vice Chairman – Nyan Gadsby-Dolly
- Lady Vice Chairman – Camille Robinson-Regis
- General Secretary – Foster Cummings
- Assistant General Secretary – Patricia Alexis
- Treasurer – Kazim Hosein
- Education Officer – Laura Lezama-Lee Sing
- Public Relations Officer – Faris Al-Rawi
- Social Media Officer – Kwasi Robinson
- Elections Officer – Indar Parasram
- Labour Relations Officer – Jennifer Baptiste-Primus
- Field Officer – Terrance Beepath
- Welfare Officer – Maxine Richards
- Youth Officer – Jeniece Scott
- Operations Officer – Irene Hinds