From Friday June 14th, the Galleons Passage ferry will operate from Berth #3 at the Cruise Ship Complex, due to dredging works to enhance the operations of the Government Shipping Service.
It also means that from Sunday 16th June until further notice, no passenger vehicles will be allowed onto the Galleons Passage to and from Tobago.
Passengers wishing to send their vehicles can do soon the M.V. Cabo Star.
At the same time, while the Galleons Passage boarding area has been moved, the T&T Spirit ferry, with passenger and vehicle capability, will continue its normal operations from the POS Ferry Terminal.
The Port Authority has advised that passengers for the Galleons Passage will still be processed at the regular Terminal Building, and then shuttled to the Cruise Ship Complex to board.
Those disembarking the ferry when it arrives in POS will also do so through the Complex.
The Galleons Passage will maintain its normal schedule, operating on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays departing POS at 9.00am and from Scarborough at 4.00pm on said days.
Customers are advised of the following process when travelling on board the Galleons Passage from POS:
Walk on Passengers:
• Step 1 On day of sailing, have a confirmed ticket in hand.
• Step 2 Check-in at the the Port of Spain Ferry Terminal two (2) hours prior to scheduled sailing time for checking-in. At this time bags are scanned and tagged to be taken to the vessel.
• Step 3 Proceed to the Passenger Lounge to await the PTSC bus which will transport all passengers to the Cruise Ship Complex to access the vessel.
• Step 4 Upon arrival at Cruise Ship Complex, passengers will proceed to pre-boarding security checks and then proceed to boarding the Galleons Passage.
• Step 5 Arrive at destination and collect bags.