The first six nationals, who had been on cruise ships waiting to come home, arrived home yesterday.
The Ministry of National Security says these persons were taken for medical examinations and are being subjected to quarantine.
On Monday 25th May, the Ministry says another 53 nationals who are currently on cruise ships will return to Trinidad, and also undergo the same procedure.
It adds that the Minister is currently engaged in discussions regarding the entry of the remaining 300-plus nationals and the management and timing of their return.
The Ministry says this is important to protect the returning nationals, as well as the population of T&T.