Tropical Storm Warnings and Watches are in effect for several Caribbean Islands, following the formation of Tropical Storm Laura.
Warnings are in effect for:
- Antigua, Barbuda, St. Kitts, Nevis, Anguilla, Montserrat
- Puerto Rico
- St. Maarten
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- British Virgin Islands
- Saba and St. Eustatius
- St. Martin and St. Barthelemy
Watches are in effect for:
- The northern coast of the Dominican Republic
- The northern coast of Haiti
- The southeastern Bahamas and the Turks and Caicos Islands
Laura is expected to move near or over the northern Leeward Islands later today.
Maximum sustained winds are near 75 km/h and slow strengthening is forecast during the next 48 hours.
On its current forecast track, Tropical Storm Laura poses NO threat to Trinidad or Tobago.