T&T sprinter Michelle Lee Ahye has won silver in the women’s 100m at the PanAm Games.
She ran 11.27 seconds to edge ahead of Brazil’s Vitoria Rosa but behind Jamaica’s Elaine Thompson in last night’s race.
Another Trinbagonian ran the final – Kelly-Ann Baptiste placed last with a time of 11.52 seconds.
Other overnight results in Peru:
• Kael Yorke – 7th, men’s 100m butterfly final B (swimming)
• Dylan Carter – 4th, men’s 200m freestyle final A (swimming)
• Giselle Gursoy – 6th, women’s 200m freestyle final B (swimming)
• Akeem Stewart – 12th, men’s shot put final (track and field)
• Keston Bledman – 8th, men’s 100m final (track and field)
• Alena Brooks – 6th, women’s 800m final (track and field)
• Andweuelle Wright – 7th, men’s long jump final (track and field)
T&T’s medal count at the games is now 6 – 2 gold, 3 silver and 1 bronze.